25 Signs You’re Succeeding At Life (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
This article is a bit off the beaten track for me but I found it interesting and even inspiring. We all have setbacks in life – personal, professional, physical, financial… – and it’s easy to feel down and disheartened. In the virtual world of Facebook and Twitter it can sometimes seem like everyone has a better, happier, more glamourous life than you do. When that starts to happen then maybe it’s time to re-evaluate the true meaning of success.
Most of us are so busy trying to dodge life bullets, we forget to stop and appreciate the little victories.
Consider for a moment that you’re doing a tremendous job at life. Living isn’t an easy thing to do, but it can be enjoyable when we start to see the good instead of focusing on the bad.
You are actually living a good life by recognizing these 25 signs:
1. Your relationships are less dramatic than they use to be.
2. You may not have as much money as you want but you live a rich life.
3. You’re not afraid to ask for help and support.
4. Where you live feels like home.
5. You’ve raised your standards.
6. You let go of things that don’t make you feel good.
7. You have moments where you appreciate who you see in the mirror.
8. You’re working on limiting your inner critic and consciously choosing more positive thoughts.
9. You’ve learned that setbacks and failure are part of self-growth.
10. You have a support system that includes people who would do anything for you.
11. You hear “I love you” often, from friends, family or a partner.
12. You’ve accepted what you can’t change, but change what you can’t accept.
13. You don’t complain much, but instead focus on solutions.
14. You don’t blame your parents, and accept them for who they are.
15. You stopped caring about what others think of you.
16. You’re happy for your exes when they move on.
17. You can celebrate others’ successes.
18. You allow yourself to feel your feelings and are comfortable sharing them.
19. You have passions that you pursue.
20. You’re able to accept compliments without deflecting.
21. You have things to look forward to.
22. You have goals that have come true.
23. You have empathy for others.
24. You feel connected to your work.
25. You love deeply and open yourself up to be loved by others.
I’m the first one to admit I’ve had some setbacks in life. I think most of us have been affected to some degree by the economy or life events these past few years. While I can’t say that all of these 25 things apply to me at this point I’m happy to say that a good many of them do. That’s reason enough to have joy and remain optimistic.Life is good, and we all more powerful and successful than we realize. So stop for a moment and take an inventory, and remember that Anything Is Possible!
to read the entire article: http://tinyurl.com/lx4po53
About Rick Binder, CFT, CES
Rick Binder, CFT, CES is an ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer in San Diego, CA. In addition he is an NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist, a Certified TRX Instructor and he holds a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Hapkido Blend. He has trained groups and individuals to improve their level of fitness and self confidence. For information, rates or to schedule training sessions you can reach him directly at 818-324-0462 or at firstname.lastname@example.org